We are on the hunt for a full-time marketing and event coordinator. Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent communication, writing, and proofreading skills, can take initiative and work independently, and have a positive attitude. There will be some U.S. and international travel with this role.
1-2 years of full-time experience in event planning and social media marketing is preferred. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
This role has a heavy focus on our education program (workshops) and you will be handling the day-to-day duties to manage, grow, and execute this program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning and executing our events around the globe, including: QuantCon, meetups, hackathons, and workshops.
- Research and perform outreach to new and existing channels, including student, meetup, and business communities.
- Promote events, workshops, meetups, and webinars via our social channels, community, and new channels. Crafting invitations and engaging these groups will be key to your success.
- Create engaging social media posts and tweets to engage our community, entice new members to check Quantopian out and sign up, and drive attendance up at our events.
- Curate and promote content from our community forum and blog across our social channels and beyond. Think HackerNews and Reddit.
This is a full-time role and will focus on event planning, event execution, and content/social media marketing across several channels with a focus on outreach to financial, tech, and startup communities, as well as colleges and universities.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three writing samples.
Quantopian inspires talented people everywhere to write investment algorithms. Select authors may license their algorithms to us and get paid based on performance. We have an engaged community of 100,000 people who use our platform and data to research, write, test, and trade algorithmic investing strategies.